Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Watercolor – The Finish

The nose knows...It is so hard in watercolor to get all the values right on the nose, and with the added shadows, a challenge to say the least! I am pleased with this one and have called it finished.

This painting was accomplished with a limited palette which included only five colors. Red Rose Deep, Azo Yellow and three blues, Cerulean, Cobalt and Ultramarine. Some of the color mixing was allowed to occur on the paper. This color fusion is one of the interesting characteristics of watercolor art.

The lips and the bottom of the face were the last elements to be painted. Some interesting design element to note is the predominant eye is the center of interest. It is located in the golden mean. For me, this was a fun painting that captured her personality.

Carolyn:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This an amazing picture especially because it was done in watercolor and it turned out so beautiful.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Linda Halom said...

Bob, This is stunning!...She glows...and has so much personality!!! I aspire to do a portrait this well :)

6:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this picture. My favorite part of this pic is the nose, I can never seem to get the nose right on my paintings. Good job.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Deb Townsend said...

Bob, she's fabulous, as usual! I really love the light on her face and the lips are awesome...that top one! WOW! She kind of reminds me of my neice so that makes it extra special. Just love your work so much.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Doris Joa said...

WOW, what a wonderful portrait. I Love it very much, you are doing an amazing job.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home