Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Watercolor – More Watercolor Portraits

The following are recent portraits I have painted in the last few months. Some are painted in a very tight realistic style, while others are fresh and loosely painted. What I love about faces is each one is different and I try to capture the character of the person. I believe I am now able to capture the mood and emotion of the person in that instant. All were done from reference photos.

Most of you visiting this blog know I regularly attend life drawing sessions. I am improving my skills to accomplish portraiture from life in watercolor. In today’s busy world, many of my clients do not have time to sit for a portrait. Thus, I am concentrating on painting loose fresh portraits in a life sessions I attend. Soon I will post some of my recent attempts to do this in a short time frame.

Yes, this is all part of my journey as an artist. I encourage all of you to draw and paint from life. I belive the skills you learn from each drawing and painting from life will really move you down the path of fine art.















2 Comments:

Blogger José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi,

You have some really good works of art here.
The use of the watercolour's characteristics is well achieved.

Kind regards,

José

1:12 PM  
Blogger laura said...

These are wonderful--each technique/method seems to suit its subject! I used to take life drawing, but where I'm living now I don't have access to life classes. I never painted what I'd consider a frameable painting, but I really do miss it; it was a challenge, endlessly interesting!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home