Sunday, March 19, 2006

Watercolor Painting - Beating to Wind


Monotone paintings can challenge the artist to insure values (light and dark tones) are correctly stated. I entered a recent open project with the Art Café Network which required a monotone painting. It was a challenge because I rarely paint monotones. Since the America’s Cup races are coming up, and they are going through the elimination process, I though this would be a good subject. This was quickly sketched while watching TV! I think it captures the excitement.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vera Dennen said...

Nice painting, Bob, even while being monotone you have captured the mist, the excitement, and the challenge. Way to go...

11:24 AM  
Blogger Vernita Hoyt said...

This is a very good blog showcasing your wonderful talent (and hard work). I read back to your first entry ... I join you in your advice to the young and the old-- when you know you have talent, develop it and use it. Never shelf your talent thinking you'll do it tomorrow (or in retirement) for tomorrow never comes. Neither may retirement. :)

Your paintings are super, Bob!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

For something quickly sketched, you've captured something powerful and dramatic.

I am now a fan!!!!

Jerry

11:30 AM  
Blogger Doris Joa said...

this is really a beautiful painting Bob. Also I like this cat a lot.
I also have finally added your blog-link to my blog. People will enjoy visiting your site.
Doris

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home